Tuesday, May 12, 2009

Untitled 5

Great sadness engulfs me
As I prettily gaze around
Like a lost sheep
I'm not lost I've lost
Lost humanity
I was gifted a blessing
Which I snobbishly outran- I had to
I vanished, but then the thought engulfed me
I wanted to return
My heart cried for it
I stayed behind- I had to
I had not to- I had time.
I returned to find it,
My humanity, my true beauty
It had flown
It had dissolved, the little fragile it, little birdie
I looked around for the lost sheep
It was lost
I pranced to greater heights
And like an eagle I hovered over
Unlike an eagle I saw not what I seeked
I sat- in bare loneliness
Sadned by having sadned
A grin broke my sorrow- but only for a moment
I sat and looked where I left it for it
I stood and I lost myself

No comments:

Post a Comment